PROF. EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT for Newly-registered Students
Published Date: Sunday, 11 October 2020
2020-2021 Newly Registered Students,
Welcome to the Eastern Mediterranean University. We would like to give you important information about our English Proficiency Exam, which will shape your journey here at EMU, in terms of technical issues and exam rules.
✔ Our English Proficiency Exam will be held in the form of an interview via Microsoft Teams application.
✔ You can access this exam sample on the following link https://fleps.emu.edu.tr/tr/haberler/duyurular?pid=114&t=cevrimici-yeterlik-sinavi-online-proficiency-exam-sample.
✔ Please ensure you read our announcement regarding technical information by clicking on the link below and by applying them, you must log in to Microsoft Teams program before the test day.
✔ In order to take the exam, you must log in to the Microsoft Teams program and be present with your ID card or passport on the specified exam time (Cyprus local time) using the online exam rooms link.
✔ You will be placed in a waiting room for the exam and when your exam time comes, you will be invited to the exam room by our instructors. (There may be 5-10 minutes delay due to technical reasons, if so please do not worry.)
✔ Your exam will take between 15 and 30 minutes starting from the time announced and it will be recorded.
✔ During the exam, you have to fulfil the following conditions and obey the rules stated here. Otherwise, your exam will not be valid and / or will be cancelled.
- Having a valid and current photo ID or passport with you before being called for the exam.
- Accepting the call when you are called to the exam room.
- From the moment you enter the online exam room until the end of the exam, your camera and microphone are not covered in any way.
- The environment where you will take the exam is bright and your face can be seen clearly.
- When asked about your ID / Passport, you should show the picture page / side of it to the camera clearly.
- Being alone in the room you will be in during the exam.
- Sit still so that the camera can show your upper body and hands up from your waist upwards.
- No disturbing noise or noise in the background.
- Not wearing any accessories such as headphones, sunglasses, coloured glasses or hats.
- You must have a strong internet connection (your exam will be cancelled if your internet connection is lost).
- There is no other electronic device (mobile phone, ipad, tablet, computer, etc.) in the room other than the device with your camera and microphone.
- Not getting up from your seat.
- Your failure to attempt to cheat in any way.
✔ If you do not respond when you are called to the exam, the call will be repeated 2 more times and our Department will be notified by the instructors that you did not attend the exam after 3 times/calls.
✔ When your exam is over, you need to leave the room by clicking the "LEAVE" button.
✔ After the exam, your exam results will be announced on this web page as the course code you will take during the fall semester.
✔ During the exam, you should not write or deal with anything else or someone.
For more detailed information or any inquiries, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Announcement in Persian
Announcement in Arabic
We wish you good luck.
Foreign Languages and English Preparatory School Administration